As Remembered by Cory
- Ven and Sylus wake up Frosch and tell him what they found out from Dorne; that they have to meet up with him at the docks at midnight.
- It’s about ten o’clock PM so they decide to kill time in the public square where they see a large gathering around a bonfire. They approach a group of Jhesori gentlemen, and speak with a man named Gosha, who recognizes the name Freddy, and says that “not everyone leaves on a log”
- Gosha retrieves his friend Idhale who had gotten Freddy passage 3 weeks back. Idhale speaks to the party, saying that the longest way to get to Ydar is by land, the fastest way to get there is around the southern coast of Wren but is also the most dangerous; and in terms of smuggling the most conspicuous way is through the Isles.
- Before the party can secure passage from via shady means from Idhale, they were instructed to steal a scroll from the First Hand‘s quarters within a week’s time.
- The party notices a bearded man with a ponytail watching them intently. With not a lot of time left before their midnight meeting, they decide to head out of the square in the direction of their lodgings, and then cut through some side streets to ensure they weren’t followed to the docks.
- The three arrive at the docks and meet Dorne by some barrels. Dorne tells them the information that Intep will be interested in: Dorne was to assist in the theft of a scroll from Intep’s quarters later that very night.
- While the party deliberated about how they should get the information to the First Hand and/ or prevent the burglary, Gosha, along with the man with the ponytail and beard and a third man showed up and ambushed them!
- Ponytail pulled out a blade glowing with power that forced Ven back about ten feet.
- Sylus cast a spell or something.
- Frosch became enrobed in a watery aura and stepped off the dock to walk on water before freezing the third guy, who was readying a ranged weapon.
- Ven tried to land a few hits on both Ponytail and Gosha, scoring a strike on Ponytail but missing both his hits against Gosha, almost being struck by Gosha’s superheated hammer, saved narrowly by the protective orb gifted to him by Frosch as the hammer slid down the side of the misty aura with a hiss of steam from hot metal.
- Dorne used his Cower In Fear ability to great effect.