As remembered by Cory
- The party has spent the week in Northshire helping out around the town
- Ven progressed with surprising proficiency in his training in the First Mirror, to the delight of Nylus, and is gifted a Mirror Pendant
- Brae and Hjaldir spent time healing, during which time Hjaldir found a willing human mount for adventuring purposes, as well as converting several others to their religion.
- Frosch spent a majority of the week at the temple district, learning about Xymeus
- Mark V did a thing, too! i just forgot what. Sorry, Garth.
- The party decides to take a southeasterly route through the mountains to avoid further confrontations with rock worms and basilisks, coming upon a cave along the way in which an automoton is found mining gems, along with several different sizes of humanoid footprints. The party succeeds in mining a few gems for themselves, and gets out in order to avoid conflict.
- The party makes it through the mountains to a clearing in which they see large birds descending upon them. The birds turn out to be Rocs, with mechanical or cybernetic implants in their eyes and heads. The party attempts to avoid being taken, unsuccessfully. The party is dropped in the Roc’s nest, which is built into the side of a mountain and has a door into the mountain.
- Frosch is able to get the door open and the party descends a ladder 250ft into a hallway that leads to a foundry. Many different sized automatons similar to the one seen mining are in the foundry smithing. Huge Golem sized automatons act as security measures and react to parts on conveyor belts being touched.
- the party jumps on the conveyor belt, careful to not touch any parts and follows it through the factory. The automatons in the different rooms all seem to be assembling clockwork humanoids, animals, and vehicles.
- There is a room with many blueprints (including one for the Roc headpiece) and 7 small clocks on the wall under a large clock
Large Clock reads, date and time, 6184-2-1-9-03
3 of the 7 clocks are lit
- 1st clock unlit, symbol of bowl spilling water
- 2nd clock unlit, symbol of small tree blooming
- 3rd clock lit, symbol of Mountain, hour reading 1
- 4th clock lit, symbol of cup with fluid spilling over lip, hour reading 3
- 5th clock unlit, symbol of lips breathing, wind curling out of mouth
- 6th clock unlit, symbol of 3 candles
- 7th clock lit, symbol of antlers, hour reading 2
- Brae attempts to communicate with an automaton, which elicits a hearty laugh from the foreman of the foundry. He makes himself seen and known to be Xymeus, god of the Mountain.
The team talks to Xymeus and convinces him that they should be allowed to leave with their lives, but not before he explains the meaning behind the clocks, that Amos is his brother, and that Mael is in fact Amos’ daughter and that the reason she looked so upset at Amos’ letter is that she wasn’t thrilled to be hearing from her father.
Xymeus of Wren explains that the clocks correspond to the existence of the Gods of Wren, and activate as they awaken. However, they are not going in order. The existence of the gods corresponds to the faith of the people of Wren. Idar, the goddess of water should have been first to awaken.
Omunhall is where gods met to discuss things greater than man.
62 years ago, something called “The Wipe” made all the god clocks go dim. Man and mankind created a situation of non-belief. a failsafe was built prior to the wipe that has not functioned properly, resulting in the out-of-order awakening of the gods. Xymeus has only been active for a few weeks.
The party offers to relay a message for Xymeus to Amos stating that the First and Second clocks have not yet turned on.
- Mark V asks for an upgrade from Xymeus, who says “only if i can take you apart and put you back together.” the group sticks around for a few days until this is complete. during this time, Ven inquires about ways to prevent people from using robots for evil. Xymeus, who does not deal in thinking robots, has no advice to give. Mark V receives his upgrade as well as a restored memory prior to the events at the World Memory Facility.
Brae inquires about an upgrade as well, though she warns his that she is half organic. Xymeus offers to, and proceeds to disassemble and reassemble her organic half. She also regains memory with her upgrade.
*The team is sent by Xymeus via [pneumatic] tube back to Mirth.
End of Session